General terms & conditions
- Cover for all nominated family members. (Children and extended family members included).
- Unmarried mentally or physically disabled children who are totally and completely dependent on the main member will be covered for as long as the policy is in force.
- Once the principal member’s cover ceases, the policy can be taken over by any nominated family member.
- For all cash premiums keep receipts as proof of payment.
Nominated Family Benefits.
- Brothers, sisters, parents and parents-in-law can be covered as part of the 9 nominated family members.
- No waiting period applicable on death due to accident.
- “No premium = no cover” and should premiums not be paid in terms of the policy, cover ceases and should the member wish to re-join, they will be treated as a new entrant, with the commensurate 6 months waiting period.
- Active participation in war, riot and civil commotion or terrorism.
- All claims related to atomic, biological and chemical warfare or terrorism , the commission of a crime, or self-inflicted injury and deliberate exposure to
exceptional danger will not be covered.
- Suicide will not be covered during the first two year of membership from the date of receipt of the first month’s premium.
- A maximum period of 6 months from the date of death is permitted to submit all funeral claim requirements. Failure to comply with this will result in closure of the file and no further evidence being considered for assessment and processing of a claim.